Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"Come on show 'em what you're worth."



Jenny Han dress. Carole Juc earrings. Juicy Couture layered necklace. Steve Madden heels.


Kept everything black and gold New Year's.  :o)

Hellooooo, 2011!  I'm really excited for what this year is going to bring me.  I'm feeling pretty optimistic and confident about 2011 and hopefully such feelings will last.

I don't really remember what my New Year's resolutions were last year.  I feel like it was something about working out at least once a week, and I think I lasted until about March.  Whoops...

But here's my resolutions for this week and hopefully these will fare better; I tried to keep them realistic...

1. Go to bed at a reasonable hour--that is, unless being productive.  So while I'm probably going to bed after 4am "tonight," I've been really productive, doing a lot of cleaning and organizing and blog stuff.  Staying up until 4am playing Bejeweled via Facebook would not be okay.  Thus, if I must stay up late, it has to be really worth losing sleep.

2. Keep the closet minimalI've adopted the "one in, one out" mantra (inspired by December's Lucky issue (see here for more tips I liked).  Every time I buy/acquire an article of clothing, I get rid of one.  Thankfully, I gave myself a little of room to work with by only limiting the rule to clothes--thus, shoes, jewelry, and accessories are not included.  Those things don't take up as much space in my closet anyway!

3. Publish bookA book, any book!  I've actually accumulated a number of novels and children's books now that need to be published.  I just don't look forward to the gazillion rejection letters.  However, I won't get desperate and publish with just any crappy company like I did years ago.

4. Find a good career.  I graduated early and literally years ago, but with the tough economy, it's been hard for me to land a real career.  The economy has been getting better though so hopefully 2011 will do it for me.

5. Have a successful blog.  In order to do that, I need to really commit to my blog and continuing doing posts, as well as visiting your blogs.  I really hope to increase my readers and followers this year by a lot.

6. Do what makes me happy.  Whatever that may be.  I have a really ambitious personality and have spent way too many of my years trying to be ahead of everyone else / chase success.   I feel like it's finally time to just step back and do things that I'm passionate about and will make me happy.




What are your current resolutions?
 


My Etsy shop is now open!  Come visit and let me know what you think.  For readers interested in buying any headbands, you can use the code "blogspot" to receive 10% off your purchase.  :o)


Find me here too:

:o)

30 comments:

Thelma Frayne said...

I love reading everyone's resolutions. There are some great ones here.

Doing what makes you happy has to be the best!

Happy New Years- x

liz said...

Happy new year and good luck with your resolutions! I love the one in one out rule, very helpful! I just posted my resolutions yesterday!

Shan Renee said...

Happy New Year! I love the black and gold...gorgeous! And, what a cute head band! I will definitely check out your Etsy shop!

Anonymous said...

You look adorable :D
happy new year

xoxo

Anonymous said...

HEy girl!! Thanks so much for stopping by and I am glad to meet a fellow Urban Decay lover!! YAY!!
Good luck in 2011 and I am on my way to check out your Etsy shop!!

XX

Everyone Loves Lipstick Style Blog

the late afternoon said...

The dog modeling your headbands is adorable!!! also, great resolutions!

http://www.thelateafternoon.com

erica said...

great resolutions girly. I am adoring the black and gold it is simply chic and gorgeous.

xo

Claudia Paola said...

Such a gorgeous dress! I love the frilly trim detail along the bottom. Your resolutions sound like great ones!! Good luck with them!

Xo
*Claudia*
Molto ❤ Fashion

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

Love that dress! Happy new year Samantha!

Bonnie said...

Black and gold (or silver) is the perfect combination for New Year's Eve.
The going to bed at a reasonable hour is a great resolution. I firmly believe in getting 8 hours of sleep. Productive late night work is always a good caveat, though.

xoxo.
http://glamkittenslitterbox.blogspot.com/

Le Chat Noir said...

You look very pretty! ;)

http://writingfashionbird.blogspot.com

Karen said...

I wish you the best for this 2011 year and of course I wish you do all your resolutions.
XOXO

Anna said...

Hey girl ,
Love this look on you, the colours compliment your skin tone perfectly - black and gold are always winners together.

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, would love you to follow.
xxx

theothersideofthepondmydear

Le pirate said...

fabulous goals doll! and congrats on your etsy shop- i can't wait to check it out :)

www.passportsandprada.com

xoxo Summer

Unknown said...

Beautiful look! i hope you'll reach what you want :D
kiss

http://chicneverland.blogspot.com/

Fashion in the Alps said...

nice post, beautiful!

http://s-snowhite.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

cute!thank you for your sweet comment! it means a lot for me! remember that you can reach me also on bloglovin, facebook and twitter :)so cu soon! and have amazing new year!!!

xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

Jardin de la Mode said...

Awesome dress!! You're pretty!!
xx
Sabrina O.

http://jardin-de-la-mode.blogspot.com/

Patricia said...

Cute dress and excellent goals!
Cupcake
www.fashion-tarts.blogspot.com

Raman said...

great resolutions! thanks for stopping by! lovely blog, will be coming back! x Raman

http://viabellafashion.blogspot.com

BARESTUDY (Janelle) said...

i saw a bunch of gold and black outfits this 2011 new year's eve. it's classic but still great :) i have no more new resolutions as i know i dont accomplish them anyway. they get forgotten after a week. lol!!!

thanks for droppin by by the way :)

Janelle
http://barestudy.blogspot.com

Isabel said...

happy new year! you look beautiful :)

Reg Rodriguez said...

good luck with your resolution! :) i love your girly dress too!

xx
heyrocketgirl

Jenny Ong said...

Great resolutions :) you looked darlin'!

✗✗ said...

You look great in those pics!! You have some great resolutions. They make mine look so pathetic. Best of luck on publishing your books....that's amazing!

Lila said...

Your resolutions are simple yet so important, this is what I should be thinking. I tend to put too much on my New Year's plate so this year I am just trying lessen the burden.

Happy New Year

alannah. said...

what a cute dress, i like the skirt.x

Anonymous said...

I love your NY resolutions esp numbers 1, 2 & 5 - so relevant to me!

Wild Things said...

cute !

http://thisfashionista.blogspot.com

Wild Things said...

cute !

http://annesophielandou.over-blog.com/#

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your comments! Be sure to follow me! :o)