Saturday, January 22, 2011

"Gorgeous ladies, there is no need to be actin' shady."



Lucca Couture dress [worn as a skirt]. C & C California top. People's Liberation jacket. Steve Madden heels.

This is my quasi-grunge-meets-girly look.  You're probably getting sick of seeing this jacket, but I'm sorry, it's my favorite!  I love its asymmetrical front, versatility, and its ability to add edginess to essentially any outfit.  Plus, considering how often I wear this jacket, it was totally worth the money.  Be proud that I didn't splurge and then simply stash!  

I finally got around to watching Eclipse and really liked it.  I'm not one of those die hard Twilight fan, but I really enjoy the movies.  I'm normally on top of reading books before they come out as movies, but I never got around to reading the series.  I normally like books better than their movie counterparts; and because I like the Twilight movies [so far], I don't want to ruin it by reading the books.  Otherwise, there will be the potential that I'll get agitated because they didn't do something right or cut parts out.  But if you haven't watched Eclipse yet or are simply looking for a good movie, I would definitely recommend it--it's really not that vampire-y either.  I give it a 4.5/5.

Don
't forget to enter my giveaway in the previous post!!  Follow me on here (via Google Friend Connect), Twitter, Bloglovin', or Facebook and just let me know where you're following me.  Each place is worth one entry--follow me on all places for 4 chances to win!



-S



Find me here too:

:o)

23 comments:

Chyrel Gomez said...

love the color of your skirt. :)

thechyrelgomez.blogpost.com

Audrey Allure said...

I love your skirt - such a pretty color!

Ellen ♥ said...

your skirt gave a twist to you outfit. :)

ellenreviews.blogspot.com

Kristy Elena said...

you look beautiful. i love the combination of your feminine flowy skirt and edgy leather jacket. gorgeous!


Kristy Eléna - Full Time Fabulous
Vogue Gone Rogue
Twitter: @kristyelena

Anonymous said...

OMG.... That skirt is fantastic, that color is phenom!! Wow!! love how it's so put together nicely!! You look hot!!

xoxo,
melrod

Unknown said...

loving the girly touch! ;)

the Citizen Rosebud said...

sweet meets tough: great look! I've fanned you on Chictopia. You're a darling!

Anonymous said...

I love the color of the dress!

Anonymous said...

i want your jacket

Kathleen said...

thanks for visiting my blog lovely! :) i'm now following yours :), if you'd like, you can follow mine too :). this is really SO pretty! i loove your skirt! flowy and romantic :). hope you had a lovely weekend girl! :)

<3, Kathleen.

erica said...

This is the CUTEST outfit ever. I love the Tiffany blue color of the skirt and definitely think I need to find one like that.

xo

Elle Sees said...

I need to bust out a little grunge thi week! Excellent inspiration

Fashion Cappuccino said...

What a lovely dress! The color is so refreshing! haha..love the title of your blog post :-) xoxoxoo

Nikki said...

Cute dress turned skirt! I am a bonfide Twihard. Sometimes it's sad ;)

Mari said...

So cute!! I dont like to be an echo, but oh that skirt is the perfect color.


Also, I just posted the 9th outfit for the I6L styling challenge.

What do you think of the challenge so far?

XOXO

-La Copine

=)

Anonymous said...

Your dress is awesome and I really love the way you style it with shirt and the rocker chic jacket!! I love twilight series, I was not a fan of vampire movies at all, I think they are too shady, then I read the books, I have to admit now I'm their biggest fan, I think mainly its because it's not overboard and the story really get to us
<3
http://reserveradefashion.blogspot.com

Aya said...

The look ROCKS! :)

Arini Desianti Parawi said...

yay!! what a gorgeous Rock Chic attitude:)
love your outfit girl.. the skirt really cute, love the color so much, too eye catching!

THE SECRET LIFE OF "D"

in Love&Light
Queen D

Kayla said...

Your skirt is gorgeous.

Ramblings of a Small Town Girl

delia said...

Thank you so much for your comments.

You may have mentioned about my header once or twice before ;) If you'd like I can send you one of my creations. (no charge of course)

Hope you're having a great week so far.

delia
http://lovelaughlipglosses.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/delia/

M said...

I looove the balance of girly and tough - - I always find those to be my best outfits too :) and that fluttery blue skirt/dress is gorgeous.

-Marie
So What If I Like Pretty Things
http://melliott930.blogspot.com

raven said...

If I had that jacket, I'd wish for cold weather + practically live in it! For the record I LOATH the cold, lol. I'm so loving the pop of color with the fluttery skirt n tough jacket. CUTE!!

xo,
raven

Neekoh said...

Nice touch of color!

XXo,
Neekoh

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your comments! Be sure to follow me! :o)