Thursday, January 27, 2011

"And there's many shades of black."






Gap top. Whitney Eve skirt. Tulle jacket. BCBG wedges. Tarina Tarantino earrings. Marc Jacobs headband.




Another one of my monochromatic days.  I love wearing black; it's my favorite color (if we ignore the fact that it's really a shade...) and it goes with everything--including itself.  I've been working to branch out on my color palettes, but there are days like these where I'm in black almost head to toe.  I swear my closet is full of color, but I just have a strong attachment to black.  Besides, shades and neutrals are very "in" this season.  :o)

I just finished The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson.  I had been planning on watching the movie and wanted to read the book first.  I really liked the book; it was a great read.  I was up until almost 7am because I wanted to finish the book.  I think the last time I was so engrossed in a book that I was willing to sacrifice my sleep was with Harry Potter (any of them).  That's not to say the books are similar because The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo with Harry Potter are on practically opposite ends of the spectrum.  However, as J.K. Rowling writes an amazing fantasy book,
Larsson is an enthralling thriller novelist.  I recommend The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo to anyone looking for a good mystery/thriller.  The story is pretty intense and definitely not for the faint of heart.  I give it a 4/5.

Don't forget to enter my giveaway!

It is for a sampler set of Lancome Juicy Tubes!  Hurry, there's only a few more days to enter!  The giveaway will close at the end of the month. 
Entering is easy, just follow me on here (via Google Friend Connect), Twitter, Bloglovin', or Facebook and just let me know where you're following me.  Each place is worth one entry--follow me on all places for 4 chances to win!




-S



Find me here too:

:o)

15 comments:

Chyrel Gomez said...

I wanted to read that book but I never really had the will and time to do so. With black, you can't go wrong.

thechyrelgomez.blogspot.com

Thelma Frayne said...

Such a huge fan of black too! xx

Beautycountry said...

I'm in a black mood myself...so this look is sooo great :D

Jelena Zivanovic said...

i am "color type" mostly but i adore black as well!!!!definition of a elegance and style!in your case i like the skirt as well!:) and i've always been a fan of TT jewelry!:)
xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Ah loving the black outfit. I tend to do that a lot too, especially in the winter! And my suite mate just bought The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo back from break, so I'm eager to read it next!

Runaway In LA said...

Thanks for checking out my blog! (: And love your outfit, especially the Hello Kitty earrings! Hehe, too cute, you could easily spend forever in the Sanrio store...

xooxo
http://runawayinla.blogspot.com

Nastja said...

all black is always good! :) Love your shoes!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog, fine art of jewelry! Love your blog!

Leslie
LunaTeal Jewelry

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog =]
I also love wearing black, and gray's been sneaking into my closet too. Oh shades. haha, but they work so well together.
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was an awesome movie, though the sequels weren't nearly as amazing. I haven't read the books though.

Holly said...

monochromatic is a little necessary in the month of january, we're all guilty of it. at least you know you can't go wrong with it!
thanks for stopping by my blog! i love knowing when new people come by.
as for my banner, i did make it myself. the photo is from a trip to london, england, i was there over the summer.
have a great sunday!

Joanne Faith said...

I adore the Hello Kitty earings, so cute! Black is much easier to wear.

I've been looking for good books to read lately so I might check out The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Joanne Faith xo

xx said...

you look so cozyyy

Arini Desianti Parawi said...

love this black and grey attitude!!
love the skirt, so cute :)

THE SECRET LIFE OF "D"

in Love&Light
Queen D

CHLOE and JESSICA said...

LOVE IT! the all black and earrings too cute!
xoxo

http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/
http://www.leatherlaceblog.com/

Diana Mieczan said...

I really adore that coat on you and the earrings are so sweet!
Happy Tuesday, my dear
Kisses

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your comments! Be sure to follow me! :o)