You are the wearer; you decide how to something is worn. We wear dresses as tops. Tops as dresses. We do as we please.
When I was around 11, we were shopping for a flower girl dress for me and went into a Betsey Johnson boutique. I spotted this gorgeous white party dress and thought to myself, "I would totally wear that as a wedding dress!"
ShopBop recently unveiled their Wedding Boutique earlier this week, and I absolutely love their selection of wedding dresses. I'm not entirely sure I would them all necessarily as wedding dresses, but I know for sure that I would wear most of them in general! Thus, my selection is simply amazing white dresses (though I sneaked some non-white ones in).
Obsession of the Moment: LWD --Little White Dress
1. Temperly London "Mini Oriel Dress": love, love, love the detailing! It turns what would've been such a simplistic dress into a unique piece.
2. BCBGMAXARIA "Carly Layered Lace Gown": I have a thing for both layers and lace, but I simply love this dress. That tie at the waist is simply the icing on the cake.
3. Leila Hafzi Bridal "Mariam Gown": simply romantic. I would wear this dress to a wedding (but probably not if I was the bride).
4. Doo.Ri "Torqued Draped Dress": such a lovely one shoulder dress!
5. Lela Rose "Brocade V-Neck Dress with Belt": brocade instantly dresses up any item; it's a lot like tweed and almost always makes something classy.
6. Alice + Olivia "Daisy Ruffle V-Neck Dress": I'm not sure if you can really go wrong with Alice + Olivia; they make the best dresses!
7. Temperly London "Mini Marcia Dress": how fun and carefree is this dress! I'd wear it on a sunny day. :o)
8. 3.1 Phillip Lim "Cross Collar Faux Wrap Dress": I think this dress would be perfect business/professional attire; what a cute dress to wear into the office! [Faux] wrap dresses are a bit boring and generic but the cross collar makes it worth wearing.
I've found that a lot of [shopping] sites that attempt bridal boutiques tend to have a boring selection, but I think Shopbop fared pretty well. At least their selection was pretty! My ideal wedding dress would have a long, really full skirt, but if I had to pick one of the dresses to make my wedding dress, this Leila Hafzi Bridal "Vanda Gown" would definitely be it:
I love its elegance and that while it's simple, it's not boring.
Pretty wedding-esque dresses make me want to get married! What kind of dresses do you like? Or, if you've been married, what kind of dress did you have?
Find me here too:
Let's be friends! :o)