Saturday, March 26, 2011

"I was gone for a minute, now I'm back."





Gap top. People's Liberations jacket. Lucie Rose skirt. Nine West heels. Juicy Couture necklace and earrings.

Because I didn't have any good pictures of my own, here is a close up picture of my earrings courtesy of Nordstrom. These earrings are awesome because they say "Viva la Juicy Couture." AMEN. I love Juicy Couture's constant clever sayings and notations. :o)



The earrings were courtesy of the Boyfriend; he completely surprised me with them because I wasn't expecting to get them from him. I had actually just purchased the smaller black version of the hoops earrings (those ones say "I want more Juicy"), and it was a good thing I hadn't bought the pink ones myself! Then again, there's nothing wrong with backup!

And because I didn't buy into the whole issue with the changing zodiac signs, I proudly wear my Virgo necklace! (If you're a Capricorn or Libra, you can buy a similar necklace here for just $15! Sorry if you have another zodiac sign, the necklaces have sold quick!)

Nicole at Electric Daze thoughtfully awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award! Yay!



In turn, I am supposed to reveal 7 things about myself and then pass this award on to 7 other bloggers. So....

7 things about me: (and okay, I semi cheated with "7")
1.
I can't roll my r's to save my life; my inability hindered my potential success in high school Spanish class.
1. a. I wish I had continued taking Spanish classes because my Spanish skills these days are pretty shoddy.
2. I have a thing for birds--real birds, stuffed animals, bird prints, bird embellishments, bird decor, etc.
3. I've been keeping my jewelry in their original bags/boxes but I've been finding that while they're hidden away in their bags/boxes, I forget what I own. Thus, I need to find a new method of organizing my jewelry.
4. I wear Aquolina Pink Sugar perfume. Only I've been running low for awhile and been too lazy to get a new bottle so I wear it only on special occasions.
4. a. I'm actually really anal about grammar but when I write emails and blogs, I write like I would talk.
5. (I almost numbered this "4. b." but didn't want to cheat too much with the amount of things I'm really allowed to tell you.) I'm an editor at heart; I would love an editing job. I confess that I take pleasure bleeding (with pen, of course) all over people's papers/writing, but I obviously just want to help!
5. a. (Sorry, I know I'm being pretty narcissistic with this too long list) I would have gone into journalism except all I really care about is editing and writing reviews and editorials and not really any of the meaty stuff. Plus, I wanted to make money.
6. I've been a Hello Kitty fan since I was eight, when my sister bought me my first Hello Kitty item (it was stationary).
7. I have a hard time getting rid of stuff because things easily have sentimental value to me. I only got rid of my Pokemon cards a few years ago! (Not that I had been much of a collector because I didn't really care about the game. I just collected the cute ones and only started collecting them because the boy I had a crush on in 5th grade liked Pokemon.)

7 bloggers I am passing this award on to: (it was a really tough decision!)
1.
Modanista Junkie.
2. Express-O.
3
. Fashion Meets Food.
4. Little T.
5. Michaela Noelle.
6. I Know, Right?
7. Glam Kitten's Litterbox.

I still have a lame cough going on, but after finishing my antibiotics, I am starting to feel like myself!

Have a good rest of the weekend! :o)



-S

Find me here too:

26 comments:

Michelle's Style File said...

Lovely necklace!
Thanks for your comment : ) you have perfect hair for a fishbraid- you can do it!

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

✗✗ said...

Such a great outfit!! I love the jacket and the pop of pink with your shoes!! SO cute!! That is so awesome of your boyfriend to get you those earrings, they are awesome!! I wish I continued with Spanish classes as well. I spent 4 years in high school and came out remembering only the basics. Such a waste, hahaha! Have a great day!

Teresa said...

Beautiful jacket! That gray looks great with your pop of fuschia!

invasionista

Jennifer Fabulous said...

First, you look absolutely ADORABLE! I love this outfit, especially that fabulous jacket and those gorgeous shoes. :)

Second, your boyfriend sounds like a sweetheart! You're such a lucky girl! Those earrings are so lovely!

Third, Congrats on the award! It seems we have a lot in common. I also cannot roll my R's for the life of me. Haha! (I seriously had a spanish teacher in high school who refused to go on with our lesson until I rolled my R's. After 15 minutes, she gave up on me!). And I also keep my jewelry in its original packaging. It just comes in such pretty bags or boxes and I don't want to get rid of them! (In case I ever need them or something, which I never do, lol).

Third, thank you SO MUCH for passing this award along to me! You are so sweet.

And fourth (phew), I like your fb page! We should be fb page friends. You can find my page on fb here: www.facebook.com/jenniferfabulous. Aaaand I'm following you on twitter now! :)

Okay, that was the longest comment ever!

Thelma Frayne said...

You look adorable! xx

Thelma Frayne said...

Oh and thank you so much for the blogger award xx

Bonnie said...

If I knew you in person, I would steal this jacket from you.
And thanks for the award!! I'll get around to it sometime this week. :)

Thanks so much for your sweet comment regarding friendships on my blog. It makes me feel better knowing that I am not the only one sans a ton of girlfriends in my life. <3
You're pretty amazing. This is why we are awesome blogger BFFs.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Anonymous said...

Love the outfit, and the pink heels are amazing. It's great getting to know other bloggers. I actually did this awhile ago too!! Thanks for tagging me. :)

xoxo,
melrod

BARESTUDY (Janelle) said...

the pop of pink is awesome! thanks for droppin by.

Janelle
http://barestudy.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Love this look, especially those shoes!!!

Wida said...

You look so great!

I love your pink heels!


Wida
Missing Amsie Blog

Fashion Cappuccino said...

Hi Sam! (I hope you don't mind me calling you that!), you look so cute! I really love your skirt! And Congratulations on your award! I was also a big fan of hello kitty when I was young too! xooxoo

Unknown said...

love this outfit and well done on the award xx

erica said...

Absolutely stunning outfit! I need to start posting outfit post. Hope you had a fabulous weekend and thank you so much for the award gorgeous!

xo

Kileen said...

i love this jacket and the earrings are gorgeous! you have such a sweet boyfriend for gifting these to you. and i loved reading these tidbits about you too!

cute & little

Grace said...

you rock that jacket perfectly! xxx
www.this-grace.com

Jelena Zivanovic said...

those shoes are magnetic,and u look so pretty!!!!:)) btw great earrings!!:)
xoxoxo
http://glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

love that jacket!

Marissa said...

I love that jacket! So different from a predictable black and great for spring! xoxo Marissa

http://happiness-is-the-little-things.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

cute outfit!


www.beckydazzler.com

Cat said...

Love those earrings. I literally almost fell of my chair at the sight of them. Juicy is amazing...love their perfume, love their sweats, and now, I love their jewelry :)

oomph. said...

cute outfit! i always love the balance between leather and chiffon, tough and feminine!

rockoomph.blogspot.com

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Way to go boyfriend! Those earrings are awesome!

Anonymous said...

love the colours on your shoes!! xoxo

By Sara Romero said...

ahhh those heels are so cute they look great with the outfit. im loving all the colors. love your blog, now following. hope you do the same <3

http://sararomerosararomero.blogspot.com

http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/2339092/fake-empire

xoxo
FAKE EMPIRE

Nnenna said...

Your floral skirt is so pretty and I love the color of your heels! :D

star-crossed smile

Post a Comment

I appreciate all your comments! Be sure to follow me! :o)